Monday, February 27, 2006

Deprioritizing Politics

Lately the 3 remaining archmagi of Cyberpols have been considering making the blog more social in the effort to raise the anemic traffic since, say, its inception. This will mean making it, first and foremost, a place for freinds, and second, a place for fun discussion, and lastly a place for boring stuff like Politics. As always sex is open season on all 3 fronts.

I'd like to know how the community (all 8 of you) feels about this. I for one, am all for it. Who's with me?

7 Thoughts:

Blogger pawlr said...

yeah and maybe change the name to "cyberpaws"

Monday, February 27, 2006 2:11:00 AM  
Anonymous kyahgirl said...

Hiya pawlr-am I supposed to vote?

I just sent a note to demo last week asking who is managing Cyberpols because I thought I should get taken off as a member. I don't really contribute much. [BTW-he didn't get back to me so I'm assuming either it got dumped as spam or maybe you're the blog administrator now?]

Anyway, I think traffic would increase if there was a broader agenda, social being part of it.

Of course, since we're all basically perverts, sex is always of interest. I posted an obliquely related sex topic yesterday on my blog. In the interest of education of course :-)
(not that I'm pimping my blog or anything LOL)

Monday, February 27, 2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger pawlr said...

You totally get a vote. And I don't blame you for wanting to get taken off as a member. But stick around for a week or so at least and see if we can shake things up around here.

I just feel that with stuff that's happened recently (all the negativity) we've kind of hit bottom and need to strike out in new directions.

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:15:00 AM  
Anonymous kyahgirl said...

ok. I'm sure there are lots of broader topics we could discuss. I usually feel a bit intimidated about posting here because a) I'm not that knowledgeable about politics or history
b) a lot of stuff seems like 'fluff' compared to what is usually going on here

However, I do like you guys, learn a lot here, and would hate to lose it.

Monday, February 27, 2006 11:54:00 AM  
Blogger pawlr said...

Yeah I'm afraid that there are good reasons you got that impression. Lots of jousting going on and not a lot of convo. I'm going to start the next thread with a new type of question.

Monday, February 27, 2006 12:03:00 PM  
Anonymous GM said...

Okay, my two cents.

I enjoy being a fly on the wall in a room full in smart people (don't let it go to your heads.) It doesn't matter what the subject, I pretty much enjoy it all, as long as it doesn't get nasty and go in useless circles.

I've learned much from you guys and as long as I keep on learning I'll keep coming back, regardless of the topic.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 3:48:00 PM  
Blogger pawlr said...

GM - thanks for hanging out and sharing your thoughts on this and other important social matters.

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 8:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home