Thursday, December 01, 2005

Timetables vs. "Conditions"

Let's set aside Bush, et al.

How big a deal is it to set a timetable or not? We set them for elections (or, "elections"); we know that violence will spike. What would we lose by setting a timetable for a military pullout? I don't get it. Explain, please.

By the way, I read that piece of trash, "National Strategy for Victory in Iraq" -- it's worth a laugh to watch a failing administration try to PR its way out of corner.

My favorite quote is the "frontispiece":

"The following document articulates the broad strategy the President set forth in 2003 and provides an update on our progress as well as the challenges remaining. [sic -- needs a comma, don't you think?]"

Hilarious. It reminds me so much of business-world bullshit-memos...I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

0 Thoughts:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home