Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Starry-Eyed Decisis

Please. Whatever these Senators might be convincing themselves of, or whatever cover they may be creating for their "yes" vote on Alito, I, for one, have zero confidence that either Roberts or Alito wouldn't jump at the chance to overturn Roe. That's based on everything I've read about them, and nothing in Alito's reported comments (a carbon copy of Roberts' on the same issue) makes me think otherwise.

They respect past decisions. In general. That's one component. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's remember, folks, these are lawyers.

Assuming Alito's confirmed, I would love to be wrong, of course.

3 Thoughts:

Blogger JODSTER said...

I thought the Senators were a hockey team in Ottawa. Go figure. Must be the Canadian in me...

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 3:52:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

If only!

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger Demotiki said...

Nice pun.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005 8:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home