Thursday, November 03, 2005

Question Stemming from Reading Gibbon (Historian) While Living under Gibbon (President)


(As a real warrior, Alexander, might have said, "Thrace yourself.")

Since Bush made Assyria-s mistake and made a Mesopotamia, will he learn from it, or make another Syria-s mistake and remain Parthial to neoconservative empire-building?

(Apologies for the Gauling puns, but until we come out of Hiberniation and get something like a Republic back, we'll have to live with Illyrical passages of provincial humor.)

3 Thoughts:

Blogger Doug said...

I Ashur you that I Nineveh meant to Babylon like this. To Ur is human. Sorry, I'm Akkad.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Kopka said...

I Likud what you're saying. But it's such a Labor to think about history. How Blair you even bring up such a thing. I doubt anyone will Dubia it. Me thinks I must let out a Versailles.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:18:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Well, before we Tyre of these puns, damasked as they may be in faux-erudition, I might point out that any resemblance between Rome's historical trajectory and America's is strictly Occidental.

Thursday, November 03, 2005 3:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home