Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Late-Night Link-Look Labor: Like? Lame?

Going to sleep now, but I've gotten "no pics's" and "could care less's" in the voting so far, so I went ahead and got rid of all the buttons and banners (except the ONE "wristband" and the functional Congress.org one).

I also put everything in alphabetical order within categories. That'll make finding and adding stuff easier.

If anyone's appalled, I saved the HTML, as I always do before I make a change.

I suspect this will be welcome. Looks much cleaner...

Laud or lambaste as you see fit.

7 Thoughts:

Blogger Doug said...

Dig the dropdown menu for the Archives. Neato!

Also -- Paul, is there any way to decrease the right and left margins? Is this a function of my display or is there a lot of wasted white space?

Ideally, I'd like the post column to be a lot wider; the links is fine as is, but could move to the right.

I have no idea how to do this; do you? Do you all think it's a good idea?

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:06:00 AM  
Blogger Demotiki said...

Sorry Doug, I didn't have time to respond last night.

I wish that it was easier to put pics up. I would have a pic with each post, but I don't have a place to host them. Could Paul set up something like that?

Demo

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 11:26:00 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

You can post pics within the post by just making sure you have the pic on your machine first. I do it all the time -- just click on the little picture icon.

The "pictures" I was referring to were the button-links on the right nav. Most found them annoying or didn't care -- actually, everyone who's responded. So, I changed 'em all to normal word-links. I think it came out well. I also alphabetized them.

I'll post a pic now so you can see how it's done. No, it won't be that one.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

Looks good to me D.
I actually do prefer it without the pics-it was easier to load last night on my dial up. Hopefully, one day, high speed will make it out to the wheat fields! :-)

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 1:40:00 PM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

p.s. Doug, I just noticed that you changed the tag line to a 'blog for the reality based community'.

Can you explain what exactly your scope is on that? Not that I ever really have much to contribute here but I'd like to understand your intention for the blog.
thanks,
Laura

Tuesday, November 22, 2005 3:27:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Hey, Kyahgirl...whatever you want to write about -- you're reality-based, so it'll be OK, by definition. It's totally open, really.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 7:53:00 AM  
Blogger Kyahgirl said...

ok. Thanks. *wipes brow*;
so relieved to know I'm reality based :-)
sometimes I wonder.

Monday, November 28, 2005 12:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home