Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Why Rice is clueless on race relations

There was an interesting Eugene Robinson editorial today. It's a portrait of Condoleeza Rice's formative years. It seems that her concept of race relations is about as unformed as mine was, growing up as I did in a pretty white city in upstate NY. It just seems that I've learned something in the meantime, while she hasn't. I'm sure it doesn't completely explain her world view, but it does help in understanding why she's such a useless human being.

Looking back on my first thoughts about race relations (in the 70's) I really thought that since I personally wasn't racist, there the race problem was therefore solved, once and for all. How pathetically naive I was. How embarrassingly pathetically naive. But it seems that Rice's take was not that dissimilar, and nothing that's happened since has managed to change her mind.

Bush gets hammered for being a bubble boy. It looks as if the bubble Rice lives in is far more impermeable.

3 Thoughts:

Blogger Doug said...

Let's send her back to Titusville, then, preferably with a copy of the Prussian Twins' album to transcribe for piano.

I got two words for this: "false consciousness." Well, maybe one: "careerism."

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger A.T. said...

I'm surprised you find this piece so benign, and even insightful, given how transparent it is in its philosophical predisposition and its obviously-sloppy "journalism." Pelty rightly, effectively and comprehensively rips it in his post at our joint today.

Tuesday, October 25, 2005 3:02:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Hey, Allen! Welcome back.

Any comments on Fitzy, or are you waiting, like I am, for the announcement(s)?

Wednesday, October 26, 2005 2:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home