Friday, August 26, 2005

Two Changes to Comments...

Yo.

So, I turned on "word-verification" to avoid the new blog-spam crap that's been affecting this and other blogs. So, don't be alarmed. :)

Also, for some reason, the comments were restricted to registered Blogspotters; I opened it up to "Anyone." I would have done this earlier had I known; I've been under the impression that we were open to anyone on the internet! Doh!

If anyone has objections to either of these changes, please, let's discuss here or e-mail me.

Dug

6 Thoughts:

Blogger pawlr said...

sorry Doug, I posted in an earlier thread that I turned off Anonymous comments last week (they had been on up until then) in an effort to beat the bots. Seems you found a better way (I didn't notice that setting) so more power to you.

Friday, August 26, 2005 3:20:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Dude, I think that setting option is brand-new...this blog-spam is a new invention; Google just adjusted quickly, as is their wont.

No appy-polly-loggies necessary, especially if you can name that reference! :)

Friday, August 26, 2005 4:07:00 PM  
Blogger Lores Rizkalla said...

hey doug,
so glad you figured it out. we have more important things to do with our time besides deleting annoying ads.

Friday, August 26, 2005 6:12:00 PM  
Blogger Zeppellina said...

I had an extremely long advert for some timber company left on my comments section last week. It was the first time I had seen this type of spam.
Good idea Doug.
Still up to my eyes in work, but hope to be out of most of the flack soon!

Saturday, August 27, 2005 9:17:00 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Thanks, all, but I think it was Google's/Blogspot's idea, and a good one!

I simply flipped the switch, so to speak. :)

Saturday, August 27, 2005 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

lores -- absolutely!

Btw, feel free to have your peeps (those that might be interested) come over to cyberpols and keep us honest, so the speak.

This request is not a bid to increase our blog's traffic -- I mean, who's really going to notice any of our blogs, ya know? :) It's just that I know that cyberpolics feel that blogging to the converted is kinda a waste of time. We want to engage with the other side(s), as we tend to believe that there is far, far more common ground than folks tend to think -- or MSM would like us to believe.

Anyway, it's just an invitation; no need to take us up on it if you or yours don't want to. We all have to parse our precious time! We've been back-and-forthing with Thornblog for a while, and it's worked out well.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 3:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home