Monday, August 15, 2005

Cindy Sheehan Begins Day Nine of Her Protest in Crawford, TX

This is truly unbelievable. From DemocracyNow! My emphasis.

In Crawford Texas, Cindy Sheehan has begun day nine of her vigil outside President Bush's vacation ranch. Sheehan has vowed to remain in Crawford until the president meets with her. Last year Sheehan's oldest son Casey died in Iraq. He was 24 years old. Hundreds of anti-war activists have now joined Sheehan in a protest that has received international attention. "You know, this is really hard. Not only am I, like, trying to stop the war, but I have to grieve my son every day," Cindy Sheehan said. "Every day I wake up, it's like April 4th all over again. I have to realize that I have to go for another day without my son, and it's really, really hard. And then I do this on top of that."

On Saturday, Bush defended his decision not to meet with Sheehan. He said "I think it's important for me to be thoughtful and sensitive to those who have got something to say. But, I think it's also important for me to go on with my life." Bush's comments came before he went on a two-hour bike ride with journalists and aides. In addition, Bush spent Saturday attending a Little League baseball game, having lunch w/ Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice, napping, fishing and reading. On Friday Bush attended a political fundraiser. Tensions are also rising in Crawford. One local farmer fired a gun on his property near the protest site. When asked if he was trying to send a message the farmer said, "Figure it out for yourself."

OK, now I can really say in all honesty that I personally dislike this man. He's a monster of selfishness and has an almost autistic lack of concern for anyone other than himself. He is dangerous.

2 Thoughts:

Blogger pawlr said...

Clearly the President's words show that he 1) has a conscience and 2) it is preoccupied with Cindy, and 3) this conscience is annoying him. I'm sure he would find his vacation much easier to conduct without it, in fact, I'm sure his entire thoughtless, irresponsible presidency would be much easier to conduct without a conscience.

Just one more selfish comment to add to the ever-longer gag reel featuring the lowlights of our current American executive leadership.

The longer this goes, the more it has the potential to get really ugly. How much more time before the WH spins Cindy's protest as a security threat and the FBI takes her into custody "for her own protection" as well as the president's?

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Doug said...

Possibly (if you're not being ironic), this statement is a psychological marker of a conscience. I read it differently, but I could be wrong, and no one knows but Bush. If he even does.

Anyway, I think Sheehan could take this man down. Americans don't dig this kind of shit. Except gun-toting Texan farmers. If someone gets killed, this will get so ugly, it may equal some of the 60s stuff.

You can bet your sweet ass I'll be in Texas if that happens. With about 10 million other people.

Monday, August 15, 2005 11:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home