Friday, August 12, 2005

Art of the Western World...

And: The Mechanical Universe.

And: The Western Tradition.

All Annenberg/CPB videos; free. Just sign up/register. Totally free and awesome. I love, especially, the grand narratives that define the boundaries of my discourse system, which I reify as "natural" when they're merely political and class-based ways to undermine the social capital of my rivals, whom I really want to crush into a fine paste.

Oh, sorry. Got all Foucauldian there for a second.

These are really good, being intro stuff. I've seen The Mechanical Universe and The Western Tradition on TV from time to time. Not all of 'em, and I've never seen the art one.

Good stuff. Remember back when reason, knowledge, immaculate social order, exquisitely clean, shiny metal bathrooms...oh, sorry, look, just watch these, OK?

Or you're letting the terrorists win.

2 Thoughts:

Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Doug,

Where have you been? I have missed your posts.

I have a new Bush post up, with lots of questions. There is always something we can discuss regarding this man!

Friday, August 12, 2005 3:36:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Had a weekend blast in Ithaca; then been doing work and stuff since...

Friday, August 12, 2005 3:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home