Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Abramoff's Emails

Grover here, so's Ralph Reed, Newt. Millions in payoffs. Tons of fun reading between the blacked-out names. My favorite email of the bunch:



From: Abramoff, Jack
To: Rabbi Daniel Lapin
Subject: HELP!

I hate to ask your help with something so silly, but I have been nominated for membership in the Cosmos Club, which is a very distinguished club in Washington, DC, comprised of Nobel Prize Winners, etc. Problem for me is that most prospective members have received awards and I have received none.

I was wondering if you thought it possible that I could put that I have received an award from Toward Tradition with a sufficiently academic title, perhaps something like Scholar of Talmudic Studies? I wish you were still heading PJC (for this reason only!) so I could get one from them too, perhaps something like Distinguished Biblical Scholar Award. Indeed, it would be even better if it were possible that I received these in years past, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I think you see what I am trying to finagle here! Do you think this is possible?



For more info on the whole Abramoff lobbying scandal, his indictment for fraud, and how his machinations connect to Speaker of the House DeLay and his cronies, check out TPM Cafe and this article from Slate.

6 Thoughts:

Blogger Doug said...

Hilarious. In a sickening kind of way.

I can't stand these people.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:55:00 PM  
Blogger pawlr said...

The Cosmos Club.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:58:00 PM  
Blogger pawlr said...

Wonder if Jack's on the Hall of Honors?

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 6:59:00 PM  
Blogger pawlr said...

time to turn on the spam filter

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 7:51:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Is there such a thing on Blogspot? I just deleted the ads; lets all do that. I see it happening on other Blogspot blogs....

Tuesday, August 23, 2005 9:20:00 PM  
Blogger pawlr said...

I temporarily removed the "anonymous posting" from the blog in an effort to fool the bots, but we can re-add it under the admin interface if you want.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005 6:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home