Thursday, May 12, 2005

Open Thread: What Form(s) Should This Blog Take?

Hi, all:

I restored the black-on-white look-and-feel, as you can tell. I kept the augmented links, so all links are there.

Any comments on this change are welcome...

Andrew had the great idea of incorporating both personal diaries, a la dKOS, along with the institituion of an "issue of the week" upon which we'd all comment.

I'm posting the thread only because he's busy this afternoon -- it's Andrew's post/thread/idea, really.

I like both of these ideas: we've been totally anarchic up to now, and we've lost some steam, so trying some structure seems like a reasonable experiment.

Does anyone else have any other ideas? I actually have none, structure-wise, that Andrew didn't already have, but I'm down for anything that maintains and grows the community.

We can work out a fairly simple weekly schedule and just trade weeks if we get busy (which will happen), and limit ourselves to that issue. If we also have diaries, we can post whatever seems interesting to each of us, but which is not germane to the issue of the week, for whomever wants to read.

Paul -- could you make "diaries" happen HTML-wise? Would it be hard? Does anyone else think this is a good idea?

I invited seven moderate-to-rightwing friends of mine to get on this blog. We'll see if they accept. :)

So, here's the ultimate meta-open-thread. Respond away!

1 Thoughts:

Blogger Doug said...

I have a comment, actually: if folks find the links overpopulated, or hard to use in some way, feel free to reorganize them any way you like. Or, alternatively, copy and paste the links into a Word doc or e-mail, reorganize them there however you like, and I'll make it happen on the site. We might be able to use some more organization there; I know where stuff is, but I posted all the post-Rossi ones, so I should know!

More breaks would be fine; all ideas welcome. If there's more than one, I'll post them all, and we can vote for the one we like best.

I don't much care -- as long as no links put up by anyone are taken down without asking the group first.

Thanks!

Thursday, May 12, 2005 4:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home