Friday, October 08, 2004

Kerry Slaughtered Bush

I don't give a damn what the hired suits on TV may or may not say -- I tuned out when David "Get Ready for the Torture" Brooks said Bush won.

If he actually believes that, he's on another planet. But, of course, he's just a hired gun.

Bush did better. Kerry did, too, and elevated his game to match the fact that Bush wasn't as moronic and abysmal as he was last time.

In my view, Kerry beat Bush just as badly, if not worse.

And this is coming from someone who still thinks Cheney edged out Edwards, so I can be objective.

Fuck the papers, the news orgs. I know what I'm doing: I'm voting on an absentee ballot, and I'm spending 11/2 in Philly driving West and North Philadelphians to the polls. And if anyone tries to intimidate them on their way to exercise their voting rights -- such as, saying that the cops will come after them for back tickets, as is being organized right now (read the link), and as has happened increasingly, well, those assholes are going to get some intimidation right back in their faces.

Serious times, folks. Go all out.

Fitanides: I'd arrange to go to NH to drive folks to the polls; get an absentee ballot for MA, or don't even bother voting there. MA going Kerry; we need NH.

Everyone: Consider taking 11/2 off from work, as I have, to drive folks to the polls or to be a poll watcher.

Go to johnkerry.com or to commoncause.org for pollwatcher activities.

And think long and hard about what to do if this election is stolen like the last one. We will need a gigantic mobilization in the streets that will dwarf 2/15/03 in NYC. Check out Barbara Ehrenreich's article on this here: http://www.progressive.org/oct04/ehren1004.html

Doug

4 Thoughts:

Blogger Doug said...

Another $100 to the Dems; another $100 to ACT.

My sister gave $2500 to Kerry (some, I assume, will be returned, or diverted to GELAC).

My aunt's husband, in Florida, after the debates, is now leaning Kerry. He's under intense pressure from his entire family.

Keep giving!

Friday, October 08, 2004 11:52:00 PM  
Blogger Doug said...

Come on, who's gonna match me this time! Give it up, yo! We've all spent more on meaningless crap...

:)

Saturday, October 09, 2004 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Demotiki said...

Doug,

Selena and I will probably work in NH on Nov. 2nd. However, it's not like PA, everyone in NH has at least two SUVs to get themselves to the polls.

I also thought that Kerry won. I think people are starting to get tired of Bush's repetition. People are very interested in how we are going to fix the healthcare system and the "trial lawyer" gag is not cutting it. Everyone knows that's just a political ploy and that the Republicans have no intention of doing anything about healthcare.

We will win, keep the faith and keep up the effort.

Peace,

Andrew

Saturday, October 09, 2004 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger mecki said...

I thought it was a clean Kerry win, though not a wipeout as the first debate. Didn't really need to be.

Was back in PA for canvassing on Saturday, Sunday spent the afternoon at the VA office, entering data.

Small steps, and I'm happy to do them.

Monday, October 11, 2004 11:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home